Gateway Christian Centre's 'PRIVACY NOTICE'
Address: Data Protection Officer, Gateway Christian Centre, Kelvin Way, West Bromwich, B70 7JW
Phone: 0121 439 3390 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gateway Christian Centre is committed to respecting your privacy and ensuring the personal information you have entrusted to us is held securely. We process personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. These laws will be updated in May 2018 to strengthen your rights to privacy and give you control over the personal information that organisations hold about you.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information directly from you when you make the decision to become a member or when you join one of our service teams. We also collect personal information when you make a donation, visit our website or sign up to one of our events.
In addition, we may use the Royal Mail’s postcode finder, National Change of Address update (NCOA®) or the electoral roll, to check the accuracy of the address we hold; and we may collect information made available publicly by Charity Commission, Companies House or information that has been published in newspapers and articles.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Personal identifiers such as your title, name and year of birth (to take greater care when engaging with our minors and older members);
- Contact details including postal address, post code, email and telephone number;
- Financial information such as your bank details;
- Whether you are a UK tax payer;
- Events you sign up for;
- Family Links;
- Records of your contact with us;
- Teams you become part of;
SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
The Data Protection Act recognises some information as ‘sensitive personal data’. This includes, but is not limited to, information which reveals your religious beliefs, health issues, allergies, race or ethnic origin.
Gateway Christian Centre will always treat any sensitive personal data we process with greater care and process the information in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your personal information:
- For general church purposes including the pastoral care of our members, which can include phone calls, letters and home visits;
- To process donations;
- To reclaim tax on Gift Aid donations, if applicable;
- To keep you informed about our church life and special events
We love sharing news of what is going on in our church. This includes sending you information about our work, news, appeals, campaigns, events, information on volunteering and prayer requests.
Email and Text messaging: We will ask for your permission to contact you by email or text message.
Post: From time to time we may send you information about our work unless you have told us you would prefer not to receive this information by post.
Telephone: We may call for communication purposes. If your number is registered with the Telephone Preference Service (TPS), we will only call you if you have given us permission to do so.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
We don’t share personal information with third parties. We do hold your information on a secure external database.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
Gateway Christian Centre will only keep your personal information for as long as it is required and in accordance with statutory requirements.
YOUR INFORMATION RIGHTS AND CHOICES
The Data Protection Act (DPA) gives you the right:
- To request in writing and securely obtain copies of the personal information Gateway Christian Centre holds about you;
- To correct or update your personal information processed by Gateway Christian Centre;
- To request Gateway Christian Centre to stop using your personal information for marketing purposes or for any other purpose where there is no legal requirement for continued processing.
REPORTING CONCERNS OR COMPLIMENTS
Please contact us if you wish to raise a concern about Gateway Christian Centre’s handling of your personal information, or compliment what you think we have done well.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office about how we manage your data.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
Gateway Christian Centre will review our privacy notice regularly. The terms of this notice may be updated at any time for example, in the event of changes in law and how we operate. Please do check our website from time to time to keep up to date. If there are any significant changes in the way we process your personal information, we will provide a prominent notice on our website or send a notification.