The book of Nehemiah tells a powerful story of a people who believed the Word of the Lord about the coming of the Messiah to their broken down city. So with a sword in one hand, and a hammer in the other; they made ready.
They built. They prayed. They believed. We believe that we are at a key season for our church family, and that God is bringing us into our own Nehemiah moment. So, we too will align ourselves with the plans and purposes of God. We will build. We will pray. We will believe.
NEHEMIAH PROJECT PHASE TWO: MORE THAN BRICKS
BUILDING FAITH, BUILDING FAMILY, BUILDING COMMUNITY!
LAUNCHES MAY 2023
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS CAPITAL CAMPAIGN?
THE PURPOSE OF ‘MORE THAN BRICKS’ IS TO RAISE MONIES FOR EITHER:
- A DEPOSIT TOWARDS THE PURCHASE OF A NEW CHURCH HOME
- RENOVATION COSTS TOWARDS A NEW CHURCH HOME LEASE
How much is Gateway hoping to raise?
£200,000 by the end of 2023.
Why are we doing this now?
We are excited to be back in the Gateway Campus, but we know that this is our ‘tabernacle’ and not our ‘temple’. We desperately need a larger auditorium, hospitality space and working stations for our staff and teams.
WHAT DO WE NEED?
A LARGER HOME! GATEWAY IS SEEKING A BUILDING THAT WOULD BE APPROXIMATELY 30,000 SQUARE FEET.
INTERESTINGLY, ON A 30,000 SQ FT BUILDING…
- The exterior wall would be approximately 1000m2
- 1000m2 requires approximately 124,200 bricks.
- 345 pallets of bricks would be needed. (360 bricks per pallet)
- As at February 2023, a local building yard was selling 1 pallet of bricks for £578.88
1 brick – £1.61each
1pallet of bricks (360 bricks) = £578.88 each
345 pallets (124,200 bricks) = £199,713.60
WHAT DO WE NEED?
345 pallets of bricks
We need you to commit to buying ‘bricks’
*Please note that this is figurative, and Gateway will not literally be purchasing bricks
- 1/2 pallet over 6 months = £48.24 per month = £289.44
- 1 pallet over 6 months = £96.48 per month = £578.88
- 2 pallets over 6 months = £192.96 per month = £1157.76
- 3 pallets over 6 months = £289.44 per month = £1736.64
- 4 pallets over 6 months = £385.92 per month = £2315.52
How do I give to ‘More than Bricks’?
There will be a special offering on Sunday the 11th June
You can fill out the Pledge cards attached which outlines suggested levels of giving. Your contribution may be fulfilled as a one time gift in 2023, or over the six months.
We know that this year has been financially tight for many. But we also believe that there is never a wrong time to be a giver. So we ask you to prayerfully consider what God would have you sow as ‘seed’ into this project. Our prayer is that you give as you are able, without diminishing your regular offerings; and that He would take that seed, and produce harvest in your life and family.
Get ready for ‘building faith, building family and building community’ by being a part of More Than Bricks
NEHEMIAH PROJECT PHASE ONE:
WE ARE THE CHURCH AND WE ARE MOVING!
From Sunday the 6th November Sunday Services in the Gateway Campus 9:30am & 11:45am
SPECIAL OFFERING: SUNDAY 30TH OCTOBER
There are some costs involved in moving our Sunday services into the Gateway Campus, and re-purposing various rooms around the facility. As a result, we would like to ask all of the Gateway family to be part of this together, by participating in a Special Offering on Sunday the 30th October.
- Sound and Live Stream Booth expansion – £1,000
- Stage extension and refurbishment – £2,000
- Sound & lighting equipment and refit – £2,500
- Walls repaired and painted – £500
- Robust wifi for live-streaming – unknown misc – £1,000
- Total: £7,000
1st Floor Conversion (to become a designated Children’s Ministry Floor):
- New Laptops for Kidz City, Promiseland, Faith Village and Parent Room – £3,000
- Converting Staff Office to Toddler room – £500
- Converting downstairs Pastor office to Staff Office – £500 Misc – £1,000
- Total: £5,000
GATEWAY WORK WEEKS:
WEEK ONE: AUDITORIUM 10th – 13th October 4-9pm daily.
WEEK TWO: CLEANING AND MOVING 1st – 3rd November 4-9pm daily.
Please visit mychurchsuite, info point or the website for more information and to find out how you can help get Gateway ready for the move!
Front Building, Kelvin Way, West Bromwich, B70 7JW
A registered charity in England & Wales - Reg Charity No. 1136007
© Gateway Christian Centre